Deadline to Submit: December 31st 2020.
Article Published on COVID-19 in Pak J Surg Med.
Last Updated 16.05.2020 at 3.10am PST.
- Editorial – The Novel coronavirus outbreak: A challenge beyond borders. Vol 1 Issue 1.
- Editorial – Last Rituals and handling of deceased in corona pandemic. Vol 1 No 2.
- Perspective – Post COVID-19 Industrial Revolution 5.0. The dawn of Cobot, Chipbot and Curbot. Vol 1 No 2.
- Timeline – COVID-19 Pandemic: How, When and Where?. Vol 1 No 2.
- E-OP – Re: COVID 19 – once in a century pathogen. Vol 1 No 3.
- E-OP – Re: Management of dead bodies of COVID-19 victims. Vol 1 No 3.
- Letter to Editor – COVID 19 and disinfodemic – A new age problem. Vol 1 No 3
The Novel Coronavirus
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are common in people and many different species of animals, including camels, cattle, cats, and bats. Rarely, animal coronaviruses can infect people and then spread between people such as with MERS-CoV, SARS-CoV, and now with this new virus (named SARS-CoV-2).
COVID-19, a Pandemic
A pandemic is a global outbreak of disease. Pandemics happen when a new virus emerges to infect people and can spread between people sustainably. Because there is little to no pre-existing immunity against the new virus, it spreads worldwide.
The virus that causes COVID-19 is infecting people and spreading easily from person-to-person. Cases have been detected in most countries worldwide and community spread is being detected in a growing number of countries. On March 11, the COVID-19 outbreak was characterized as a pandemic by the WHO.
Symptoms: Fever, cough, difficulty breathing, muscle pain, tiredness.
How to avoid infection or spread of COVID-19?
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, or eyes.
- Cover your nose or mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- Use disposable tissues and discard them immediately after use.
- Avoid close contact with those showing respiratory symptoms.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Recommendations:
Everyone can do their part to help us respond to this emerging public health threat:
- Individuals and communities should familiarize themselves with recommendations to protect themselves and their communities from getting and spreading respiratory illnesses like COVID-19.
- Older people and people with severe chronic conditions should take special precautions because they are at higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness.
- If you are a healthcare provider, use your judgment to determine if a patient has signs and symptoms compatible with COVID-19 and whether the patient should be tested.
- As per the government’s directives, if you suspect that you may have symptoms, including fever, coughing or shortness of breath, call the state helpline (1166).
Special Issue Information.
Pakistan Journal of Surgery and Medicine plans to publish a Special Issue entitled “COVID 19 and what has it taught us”, with the hope the knowledge and pioneering work shared in the Special Issue can shed light on future directions of CoV research.
Scope Of Special Issue:
- Epidemiology and the evolution of COVID-19
- Pathogenesis of COVID-19
- Interactions between COVID-19 and host
- Cross species transmission
- Protective gear for Medical professionals
- Patient & Public perception about Coronavirus
Type of Articles:
- Original Articles
- Clinical Trials
- Literature Reviews
- Obituaries (Of healthcare professionals who embraced martyrdom while fighting with COVID-19)
- Letter to Editor
- Guest Editorial
- Case Reports & Series
- Short communications
Incentive to Publish:
- Publication charges will be waived off when;
- First 3 Authors are Students
- All Authors are Student
- Sole Author is Student
- Article is Obituary
- All articles will be published online first as soon as they clear our editorial procedures.
In case of query, please fill this form and submit