Pakistan Journal of Surgery & MedicineE-ISSN: 2708-0285P-ISSN: 2708-0277 Vol 1 No 4 (Nov 2020 – Jan 2021) Title Author Study Type Identifier Read From the desk of Chief Editor Anwer A Editorial e230 HTMLPDF An Approach towards Integrated Healthcare System in Punjab, Pakistan Parvez A et al Guest Editorial e231 HTMLPDF Cytokine Storm Syndrome, a Read More ...
PAK J SURG MED AND DORA
The San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA) identifies the need to improve methods of scientific research dissemination and evaluation.
Pakistan Journal of Surgery and Medicine (Pak J Surg Med) is a signatory of DORA and pledges to follow the following five DORA guidelines for publishers:
1. Reduce the sole emphasis on the journal’s impact factor as the promotional tool, by redirecting the promotion of impact factor of be presenting the metric in the context of journal-based metrics, to provide a wider view of the journal performance. e.g., 5-year impact factor, EigenFator, h-index, SCImago, editorial, and publication times etc.
- Pak J Surg Med is a new medical journal and have to rely on both Available ALMs and Journal Impact factor data. We do not promote the Journal Impact Factor (JIF)- but have to include the metric on our website for the time being, but have not mentioned its addition to any promotional emails, brochures, or other marketing materials.
- The shifted emphasis from JIF is not new in scientific publishing. We intend to fight for the inappropriate use of JIF by journals.
- Pak J Surg Med will provide metrics to individuals who request these via our official email or phone. We suggest that other metrics, such as Article-Level metrics are better tools for evaluating research during this technological era of online publication.
2. Make article-level metrics available to encourage the shift towards assessment of scientific content of the article rather than publication metrics of the journal in which the article was published.
- Pak J Surg Med has introduced Article-Level Metrics (ALMs) known as “Article Stats” in October 2020, and intends to be an industry leader in Pakistan, South East Asia, and across the world by advocating for article-specific measures of research influence and value.
- Access our latest Article Stats from here.
- Interested Journals should contact to be a part of Pakistan’s First ALM system.
3. Promote responsible authorship practices and the provision of information about the specific contributions of every author.
- Pak J Surg Med is the first health sciences publisher in Pakistan to adopt the Contributor Roles Taxonomy of author contributions, which is also known as CRediT.
- The CRediT terms are machine-read and human-read expressions of contributor roles and are published in the final article. More information can be found on the official CASRAI website.
- [in processs]
4. As a platinum open-access journal, all reuse limitations are removed in research articles and they are made available under the Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication.
- Pak J Surg Med articles have been freely available and are published under a CC BY 4.0 licensing agreement for individual articles.
- Pak J Surg Med promotes rapid dissemination of research information by ensuring free access without restriction of access or use.
5. Remove constraints on the number of references in research articles and when appropriate, mandate citation of authors who first reported findings.
- While our guidelines mention the number of suggested references that are included in research articles, we do not have limits during article processing.
- In literature reviews, we encourage authors to cite original discoveries as opposed to review articles.